Pages Menu Widget Options:
- Display levels of child pages – This option allows you to select how many levels down you would like the menu to go. For instance, if you select 2 as the level it will show the top level parent page (if selected to show), the child pages, and up to 1 level of grandchild pages. Even when you are on a grandchild page, the menu will not display the current page’s children.
- Display the current page’s direct family only – If this option is selected, the widget will not display pages which are not directly related to the current page. Will only display the current page and any parents, grandparents, children, or grandchildren of the current page.
- Display siblings of the current page – Works in conjunction with “Display the current page’s direct family only” to allow displaying siblings of the current page. All other pages on the same level as the current page will display. Children of the current page will display. Children of other pages on the same level as the current page will not display.
- Display siblings when there are no children – Works in conjunction with “Display the current page’s direct family only” to allow displaying siblings of the current page only when the current page has no pages under it. Useful for situations where some pages have grandchildren and others do not. Prevents situations where the menu only includes the current page. This option has no effect if “Display siblings of the current page” is checked.
- Display widget on every page – This option allows you to select a top level page to use when generating the menu. Any page on your site which displays this sidebar will display the widget with the same menu as all other pages. This is useful for adding menus to locations such as a homepage or post page. For more control, there are many WordPress plugins available in the community which allow setting which widgets or sidebars appear on which pages. If you have this option checked, the widget will honor any widget/sidebar location settings created with other WordPress plugins.
- Highest level parent page – Works in conjunction with “Display widget on every page” to allow selecting which page is the top level page for the menu.
- Post type – If you have any public hierarchical custom post types registered there will be an option to select which post type you would like displayed in the widget. Defaults to Pages. If you have not registered any custom post types, this option will not display.
- Enable accordion menu – Checking this box will enable accordion functionality for this widget as well as open additional accordion settings.
- Click to show styles – Clicking this button will open the style settings which allow you style the various levels of your menu.