As I’m sure you have heard by now, we launched a brand new license system back on May 26th, 2019. This system opened up new possibilities for things like subscriptions as well as making support more effective and personalized to each user. While the legacy system served it’s purpose well for more than 5 years, this new system will grow with us and is expected to remain in place indefinitely.
Now it is time to say goodbye to the Legacy License system. This will free up resources for us to focus on enhancing and supporting your plugins instead of maintaining 2 parallel systems. We are going to begin incrementally phasing out the legacy system starting today with the goal being the complete dismantle of system on December 31st, 2019.
If you have purchased or downloaded your plugin(s) after May 26th, 2019 you are already on the new system and don’t need to do anything.
You may have logged into your WordPress dashboard today and seen a message that looked something like this:
This message will displayed for sites using the old license system from time to time over the next few months. It serves as an instructional reminder to re-download your plugins and replace the existing ones on your site.
After December 31st the reminder message will change to something that looks like this:
If you haven’t re-downloaded your plugin(s) by December 31st you will no longer be able to update the plugin through the WordPress admin, so you’ll probably want to do it ahead of time and get it out of the way. It only needs to be re-downloaded once, then updates will work again like normal through the WordPress admin.
Here are some basic instructions just in case:
- Go to My Account and download the plugin. If you originally checked out as a guest (order from years ago) reach out to us via the Contact Form and we will assign your order to an account for you.
- Log into your WordPress Admin and go to your Plugins screen.
- Using the “bulk actions” or “deactivate” then “delete” links for the plugin, delete it from the site.
- Under your Plugins menu click “Add New”.
- Click “Upload Plugin” and upload the plugin you downloaded.
- Click “Activate” to activate the plugin.
Once you are on the new system you won’t have to worry about your license as it is automatically added to your plugin for you. You only have to complete this process once.
You will NOT lose any existing widget settings by re-installing the plugin.